What does love mean? Four to eight year olds respond:
- When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.
- Love is what makes you smile when you’re tired.
- Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day.
- Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.
- If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate.
- Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.
- You really shouldn’t say ‘I love you’ unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget.