We are in trouble…
- The population of this country is 300 million.
- 160 million are retired.
- That leaves 140 million to do the work.
- There are 85 million in school.
- Which leaves 55 million to do the work.
- Of this there are 35 million employed by the federal government.
- Leaving 15 million to do the work.
- 2.8 million are in the armed forces preoccupied with killing Osama Bin-Laden.
- Which leaves 12.2 million to do the work.
- Take from that total the 10.8 million people who work for state and city Governments. And that leaves 1.4 million to do the work.
- At any given time there are 188,000 people in hospitals.
- Leaving 1,212,000 to do the work.
- Now, there are 1,211,998 people in prisons.
That leaves just two people to do the work — you and me.
And there you are, sitting on your ass, at your computer, reading jokes.