Ok, so I said it was almost finished a week ago. Well, it’s now more, betterer, almosterer, finisheder. I didn’t get to work on it us much as I wanted last weekend.
The good news is testing is going well. I’ve made a few tweaks, but no major bugs have shown up. (They’re waiting for you, of course.) I need to finish creating the installation disk image, do a couple of installation tests on a clean system, make some updates to this web site, and spend a few days coming up with more really bad puns for the big announcement post. (You’re welcome.)
geeky, nerdy, nosy, curious ones among you, here’s a more detailed list of what’s left to do:
- Finalize the installation guide with updated screenshots.
- Test the installation on a clean machine and over prior versions.
- Review links in the installation guide, applet page and alternative installation guide.
- Update the F.A.Q.s.
- Revise the home page with a description of the new approach required for Day One 2.
- Create the final installation disk image.
- Hire the herald trumpeters and notify the paparazzi.
- Rollout the big announcement.
Once all of that is done, I’ll go back to the applet page and fill in the TBDs. (To get this version out the door sooner, I only posted applets that I’m actually using.)
Hopefully, I’ll have this ready for you by the end of the weekend. We’ll see….